Effects of massage on body systems - why massage is good for you...
Massage makes you feel wonderful mainly because it causes your brain to release endorphins or the “feel good” chemicals. Endorphins have an amazing quality that can create the feeling of exhilaration and relaxation. This empowering “feel great” factor can actually often relieve pain, anxiety and stress that you may be experiencing. Massage is not just a pampering session....
Massage therapy really works and it's proven to be most effective when it is used as preventative measure, preventative health care is simply the best kind of health care there is... after all, it is a lot easier to keep you healthy than it is to fix you once you are broken. So the next time you're thinking about getting a massage, remember that this experience runs a lot deeper than just pampering yourself! Having a massage can be seen as a great tool for improving your overall health and well-being. Regular massage can be a step in the direction for increasing your own capability to enhance and practice exceptional self-care.
And what science says:
“A lot of the scientific research on massage therapy is preliminary or conflicting, but much of the evidence points toward beneficial effects on pain and other symptoms associated with a number of different conditions. Much of the evidence suggests that these effects are short term and that people need to keep getting massages for the benefits to continue.”
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more (Minimum 2season or Max3/4 season in a week). This is the true beauty of bodywork. To understand all the effects that massage has on our body, it is easier to break them up into different areas.
EFFECTS ON THE SKIN
- Desquamation is increased, improving texture
- Increase of fresh blood which carries oxygen
- Increase the removal of waste products
- Massage mediums nourish and soften skin
- Cell regeneration is increased, slowing down ageing, keeping skin healthy
- Stimulation of sebaceous glands, helps remove blockages
- Can help to heal and soften scar tissue
EFFECTS ON THE MUSCLES
- Helps remove waste products and relieve muscle fatigue by removal of lactic acid
- Keeps the muscles in peak condition
- Maintains the elasticity and flexibility of the muscles
- Increases the supply of fresh blood with oxygen and nutrients
- Helps break down adhesions after injury or stress
- improves posture
- facilitates body alignment
- improves stiff joints
- reduces inflammation
- increases range of motion
- relaxes tight muscles and tendons
- improves soreness and fatigue
- reduces the number of and intensity of muscle spasms & improves muscle tone
EFFECTS ON THE CIRCULATORY SYSTEM
- Increases the flow of blood through the veins (venous return)
- Causes vasodilatation of surface capillaries causing an erythematic
- Reduces blood pressure
- Increases the amount of fresh blood to the area being worked over.
- Fresh blood carries oxygen, nutrients and other vital components
- Stimulates the removal of waste products from the area being worked due to increase in the flow of blood
EFFECTS ON THE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
- Stimulates flow of lymph within the lymph vessels
- Increases the amount of fluid removed by the lymphatic system
- Increases the removal of toxins and waste material
EFFECTS ON THE NERVOUS SYSTEM
- Sedative effect on the central nervous system
- Certain types of pain are relieved by the pressure of massage
- Nerve endings in muscles are relaxed and soothed relieving tension
- Nervous stress and tension are relieved
- lowering blood pressure
- constricting pupils
- stimulating blood flow
- regulating digestion
- reducing inflammation
- enhancing release of endorphins
- regulating mood
- influencing dopamine to control movement and elicit emotional responses such as pleasure and pain
- stimulating the senses (touch, hear, smell, see, and feel)
- assisting digestive movement and secretions
- assisting body functioning, such as respiration, perspiration, and body temperature
EFFECTS ON THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM
- The stress relief of massage can improve respiration
EFFECTS ON THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- Gentle movements over the large intestine aid digestion
- Increased blood flow around the body stimulates the absorption and transport of nutrients
EFFECTS ON THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
The endocrine system is comprised of glands that produce and secrete hormones released from the endocrine system into the bloodstream to regulate the body’s growth, cholesterol, metabolism, mood, temperature, sexuality, diabetic conditions, thyroid, and tissue function. The endocrine system involves the pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, pancreas, and reproductive glands. The endocrine system can have secondary effects on other organs, like kidney, liver, heart and gonads. Massage helps to balance hormones by regulating or stimulating:
- serotonin – impacting irritability, depression, pain and behavior
- dopamine – impacting intuition, inspiration, joy, enthusiasm, focus, and attention span
- epinephrine – impacting reactions to short-term and long-term stress, fatigue, and drowsiness
- oxytocin – impacting attachment and nurturing
- cortisol – impacting sleep and immune systems
- growth hormone – impacting tissue repair, regeneration, healing, growth and development.
Massage assists the endocrine system in the following ways:
- balancing mood
- controlling stress levels
- reducing cravings
- inspiring relaxation
- reducing pain
- fulfilling the basic need for human touch
- rebalancing the hormonal system & increasing desire
EFFECTS ON THE URINARY SYSTEM
- Massage can increase the amount of waste and fluid to be eliminated from the body
- Due to an increase in lymphatic drainage there may be an increase in the amount of urine produced
- Gives a feeling of well being, Relaxing
- Stress and nervous tension relief
- Taking time for oneself gives a feeling of self worth
- Many clients get comfort from talking to someone and having someone to listen to their problems
- Gives encouragement if a client is following an exercise programme or weight reduction plan through self esteem
- The physical effects of massage can alter the mental state of the client
- Helps relieve depression through the feeling of wellbeing
- Aids sleep through the relaxation of the mind and body. Many more
Massage cannot disperse fat. The only thing that removes fat is dietary re-education and control combined with exercise. Massage has the effect of stimulating all the body systems, therefore the body will function at peak efficiency during a healthier regime. As all the systems affect one another the body will start to work in harmony. Areas of excess adipose tissue will tend to retain a toxic build up and water retention, massage in these areas will be of benefit by improving blood and lymphatic circulation. Locally applied massage and specific exercise can help ensure stubborn, long established fat deposits are reduced as well as subcutaneous fatty tissue.
Word of advice: Be sensible and do not use massage therapy to replace your regular medical care or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem. Your health care provider may be able to help you select an appropriate massage therapy.
|Therapies||Time||Focused||Recommended for||Benefits||Offer Price|
|Stress release Swedish massage||60mins||
- Muscle relaxation.
- Targeting superficial muscles.
- increasing blood circulation. *Also stress release.
- Have a lot of tension, and you want to fully relax during a massage.
- This type of massage is also good for people new to massage.
- Decreased Stress & Increased Relaxation.
- Increases Overall Energy.
- Increase Blood Flow.
- Endorphin Release to Improve Mood.
|Pain relief Deep tissue massage||Pain relief Deep tissue massage 70mins||Deep tissue massage uses more pressure than a Swedish massage. It’s a good option if you have chronic muscle problems, such as soreness, injury, or imbalance. It can help relieve tight muscles, chronic muscle pain, and anxiety.||Deep tissue massage is a good option if you have a lot of muscle tension or chronic pain.||
- Increases Flexibility & Range of Motion.
- Improve Sleep.
- Endorphin Release to Improve Mood & Release Pain.
- Improve Posture.
|Holistic de-stress massage||60 mins||Reduce stress, a safe and proven Process which is effective in significantly reducing the symptoms of anxiety. Focused 20mins of Head, Shoulder & Spine||Heavily work loaded or Stress Person||Stress relief, Muscle relaxation.||799/-
|Rejuvenation Therapy||100 mins||Full body Therapy, focused 40mins of head, shoulder & Foot||Stress, Fatigue, Exhaustion, also body pain.||Stress relief, Increased concentration, focus, better sleep.||999/-
|Detoxifying therapy||80mins||Full body Therapy 60mins, Focused 20mins of Spine & Foot||Stress, Anxiety, Fatigue & Joints pain.||Overall wellness, Better mobility, Good sleep.||999/-
|Head neck & shoulder therapy||40 mins||Focused 40mins of Head, neck & shoulder Exhaustion, busy schedule, bad posture||Stress release, Improves energy||399/-
|Head, neck , shoulder & Foot therapy||50 mins||Focused 50mins of Head, neck , shoulder & Foot||Exhaustion, busy schedule, bad posture||Overall wellness, Stress release, Improves energy||599/- |
|Head oil therapy||20mins||Focused 20mins on Head.||-||Relieves Stress., Revitalizes Scalp.||299/-
|Neck & shoulder therapy||20 mins||Focused 20mins on Neck & Shoulder.||-||Treats Muscle Knots., Relives Neck Stiffness., Reduces Shoulder Stress.||399/-
|Foot therapy||20 mins||Pressure points in your feet, hands.||Best for people who are looking to relax or restore their natural energy levels. It’s also a good option if you aren’t comfortable being touched on your entire body. Reflexology uses gentle to firm pressure on different pressure points of the feet, hands.||Reduces Foot Pain., Treats Internal Imbalance.,||399/-
|Face Massage||20mins||Focused 20mins on||-||Relaxes & Tones Facial Muscle.||399/-
|Hot Oil Massage||60 mims||Focused Overall||Stress, Headaches, Sore muscles||Beats the symptoms of Sinusitis & Cold, Uplifts mood & helps get rid of Toxins.||999/-
|Anti-Cellulite Cupping Massage||60–90 minutes.||Focused 50mins of abdomen, thigh, buttock, breast area. Also back.||Cellulite, excess weight, fluidity & lethargy of the skin. Under develop breast.||Promote the skin’s blood flow. ,Reduce inflammation., Reduces the buildup of fluid., Smoothes skin out & improves its elasticity, Improve skin tones,||1299/-
|Sports Massage||60–90 minutes.||A sports massage can be done as a full-body massage or the massage therapist may focus on the parts of the body that need the most attention. Deep pressure may be alternated with soothing strokes depending on your needs.||Sports massage is a good option if you have a repetitive use injury to a muscle, such as what you may get from playing a sport. It’s also a good option if you’re prone to injuries because it can be used to help prevent sports injuries. You may also use sports massage to increase flexibility and performance. Additionally, sports massage can be used to relieve pain, anxiety, and muscle tension., Muscular and joint injuries such as sprains and strains., Postural related pain.||- Reduction in muscle tension, muscular pain and discomfort - Increased range of motion, leading to enhanced performance. - ecreased muscle stiffness and soreness after exercise or physical activity - Reduced recovery time post injury - Increased levels of relaxation and reduction in physical and psychological stress levels - Aids sleep quantity and quality. These benefits are largely the result of an increase in local blood circulation which helps to flush out chemical irritants and waste products which have stored up within the muscle. At the same time, fresh blood flow increases oxygen and nutrient content within the muscle. This in turn can help with muscle repair and leads to a reduction in muscle tension. Increased blood flow and tissue hydration, also release muscles knots. Calming effect on the nervous system.||1599/-
Ambiance & Equipment
Therapist carry natural essential oil , disposables sheets, towels
A relaxing spa ambiance including candles, aroma oil, soothing music